One of my families Christmas traditions is for my sister and I to go to Birt's candy store and stock up on some goodies for the Holiday season! This store is like no other local store. They have any kind of candy you could ever imagine. This year the candy line wrapped around the inside of the store. After an hour in Birt's we walked out with caramel & maple clusters, chocolate covered peanuts, turtle clusters, chocolate covered raisins, yogurt covered raisins, orange slices and my dad's favorite maple nut goodies.
I stumbled upon this list of reasons not to date a graphic designer, and as one I had to repost. I thought it was quite funny because I can relate to lots.
1. They are very weird people.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA.
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other.
7. You’ll come out last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
8. They cant change a light bulb without making a sketch.
9. They fuck up all tables with their cutters.
10. They'd rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say.
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy.
13. They make collages with your photos. 14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people who nobody know and speak of them as if they were your colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes. 17. They ask your opinion about everything, but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or centered unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
20. They use their iPhone for everything, because everyone has one.
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them.
22. They steal street signs.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint.
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets...
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
31. They will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra.
35. They can't go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can not cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics…
39. When they are going to tell you something, everyone has read it on their facebook and twitter.
40. They have owned iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them and they are the most expensive in the city.
43. They want to spend all their money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearing them screaming "When is the deadline?"
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They'd rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.
This Anthropologie Monogram Mug is a perfect gift for everyone on your list. I would not mind having it for myself either...Santa, I hope you are reading this. It would make a perfect addition to my china collection. I need a new mug for my tea anyways and Kyle needs a mug for his coffee.
This past weekend we had the 49th annual Rindler Christmas party! It was my mother's turn to host so my sister and I jumped in to help. My sister put together a cute little tray of assorted candies for the dessert table and I crafted felt garland, place cards and party favor ornaments for all the aunts and uncles. The party was a huge success and Santa was a hit!
I discovered the lovely Knot & Bow etsy site today. They have absolutely adorable items. I'm a lover of brown paper packages tied up with string with pops of color, and this store has just that. Here are a few of my favorites!
My beautiful christmas tree all lit up at night. I love to decorate it differently from year to year, and this is my absolute favorite so far! And the best part is...it took no time at all. All I did was strung felt ball garland around the entire tree and stuck twigs throughout that I spray painted white. Then I hung my 12 Days of Christmas ornaments and topped with my Anthropologie star tree topper. Tada!
YAY! My blog is up and running. I made my first official post last night and I have to say I am so happy and proud of myself. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time but fitting it into my crazy schedule has been a challenge. I am filled with excitement and joy to share many more posts. I will be blogging tidbits of my life, my creative portfolio work, many DIY projects and things that inspire me. ENJOY!
I have always dreamt of working for Anthropologie as a display coordinator and hopefully one day it will come true. When they posted this video here on their facebook page yesterday I could not help but feel all giddy inside. Today I am sharing one of my favorite Anthropologie Holiday 2011 windows.
Since the overachiever in me already decorated the Christmas tree, set up holiday decor & wrapped almost all gifts for others... I will just have to wait until next year to see this cuteness come to life. I can not wait to hang strands of mini marshmallows to resemble snowflakes and popcorn garland on the tree. My wonderful boyfriend and I also decided tonight that we will create surprise advent calendars for each other next year since it is too late this year. I can not wait already!